The MetLife 2019 Pension Risk Transfer Poll surveyed 102 defined benefit (DB) plan sponsors in order to:
- Probe on voluntary contributions made to improve a plan’s funded status;?
- Assess the likelihood they would engage in PRT to achieve their plans’ de-risking goals;?
- Determine what specific PRT activities they were most likely to use and for which participant population(s);?
- Understand the current catalysts driving interest in PRT to an insurance company;?
- Identify the most important drivers when selecting an insurer for a PRT; and,?
- Determine how quickly companies plan to completely divest themselves of their DB plans.?
The Poll was fielded between August 13, 2018 and September 27, 2018. MetLife commissioned MMR Research Associates, Inc. to conduct the online survey in cooperation with Strategic Insight, which owns PLANSPONSOR and CIO magazines.?